Facebook has found itself under attack from some users who want to ban or delete the social network’s official website.
The company said Tuesday that it has been monitoring about 200,000 of the accounts that are suspected of breaking the rules.
In some cases, Facebook is also blocking the accounts from reaching its millions of users, the company said.
Some of the users have been blocked from posting and accessing the site.
Facebook has also reported a few serious problems.
On Monday, a Facebook engineer wrote a blog post saying a number of accounts in the United States were trying to access the site without Facebook’s permission, and that the company was investigating the issue.
The post didn’t identify the engineer.
Facebook’s move comes as the social media company struggles to deal with the ongoing hack.
In the past week, it has said that it had received a surge in reports of bot attacks and reported that more than 4,000 accounts had been compromised in the past 24 hours.
Facebook said Tuesday it has investigated more than 200,00 reports of suspected bot attacks in the last 24 hours and reported more than 100 bot attacks that it believes are tied to the hack.
Facebook is investigating at least 100 bot-related attacks reported in the U.S. The U.K. also reported at least one bot attack Monday, but it said it is unclear if the issue was related to the Facebook outage.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday in a Facebook Live video that he has “not seen a single bot” that he thought was being used in the attack.
“That’s an incredibly important point, because you need to know exactly what is going on,” Zuckerberg said.
“You can’t have the bot be a malicious one, or it could be a very small one.
And it’s very hard to be sure about.”